What's new

Best sub, smallest footprint, $450 or less? (1 Viewer)

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen plenty of bang for the buck sub questions, but I am looking for one with the smallest footprint. I am looking at getting a Def Tech Pro Sub 100 11.25"Wx17"Dx14.25"H It's a 250W 10" woofer sub. Is there anything else I should be looking at. It gets great reviews at audioreview.com and seems like a good deal?

I also looked at the SVS 25-31CS and the HSU TN1220. On the HSU am I reading it right, do you need to by a separate amp along with the sub? Also, how do you plug in a sub like the SVS if your receiver has a preout sub RCA jack?

Yes, I am fairly new to HT.

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
The SVS and HSU subs you mentioned both require an external amplifier. You pipe the subwoofer pre-out from your receiver into the amplifier and run speaker wire from the amp to the subwoofer. If you're working on the cheap, you can buy a "plate amplifier" from a place like PartsExpress.

--Steve

You might want to look at a Adire Rava. $399 and I beleive its 18 x 18 x 18. I have had mine for about 6 months and like it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks