Best sub for under $500

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JayBird, Feb 22, 2005.

1. JayBird

JayBird Agent

Hey folks. I got a friend who wants to buy a sub for his system, but he doesn't have much money to spend. What would you guys say the best sub is for under $500? If you could give a couple reasons as well that would be a bonus. thanx

2. DanHal

DanHal Stunt Coordinator

JayBird,

You are going to have to be a little bit more specific than that.

Will this sub be used for home theater use, music, or a combination of both? Would your friend be interested in a DIY project, or does he want a manufactured one?

In my opinion, the internet based companies offer the best bang for your buck if he wants a manufactured one. There are plenty of DIY plans out there, if hes up to the task, which can be a tremendous value if he enjoys projects of that nature.

Good Luck!

3. Eric Ha

Eric Ha Stunt Coordinator

SVS PB10-ISD.

4. Don Scott

Don Scott Stunt Coordinator

Is that $500 canadian? If you don't specify, you will get mostly recommendations for $500usd. Also svs or hsu will likely be mentioned and they would be shipped from the states and your friend would have to pay duty and taxes. Just trying to help because I see this happen a lot with Canadian members. Good luck!

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I don't know if SVS has a Canadian distributor or not, I thought I read something about them working on it. HSU does have a distributor up there though. www.hsuresearch.com