What's new

Best sub for ~$400-$500 (1 Viewer)

ScottMc

Agent
I really dont want a DIY, since I have no experience in this area. I just want the best sub hand down in this price range..off the shelf. Any others to consider?

Thanks.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
You don't really have to do anywork with a DIY speaker. Just e-mail Brian at Link Removed he will let you know what he can do. I just picked mine up yesterday. I am more than happy with it.

BrianAe

Second Unit
The best subs at 500 are the hsu vtf-2 and the aperion audion 10". I had the 10" aperion and it was great. If you care about looks, it is definitly the way to go. The Klipsh and JBL subs are way inferior. The cheapest SVS solution will best everything mentioned so far but cost at least 700 when it's all said and done. For 600, I think the aperion 12" is the way to go. That's what I have now.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
At $600, I’d go with the Rocket UFW-10. Listened to this in Dallas and it is very fine at the price. And the cabinet work in unmatched in this price range.

James Edward

Supporting Actor

Me too. My SVS Plus model will play louder(and should, since it is nearly double the price), but the VTF-2 sounds every bit as good in my smallish 12x13 room.

AjayRAV

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just getting a feel for my new RAVA. From what I can see, it is INCREDIBLY tight and tuneful. A very well designed sub indeed, especially for music. For movies, it probably will have less slam than than the VTF2, but that wasn't too much of an issue with me. A small problem is that in auto-mode when watching DirecTV, for instance, the sub does not sense the signal and turn on. Doesn't happen if there is sufficient bass information being fed in. However, you can turn the sub to the on position and leave it there as many on the forum have done. It draws about the same power as a lightbulb while idling. Get it! You won't be sorry!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks