What's new

Best Sub-$100 player you can get from Sears? (1 Viewer)

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
I had some gift cards from CHristmas to Sears and needed a DVD player. It was going to be the "extra" player for the room without the high end eceiver and speakers and such. So, I picked up a KOSS KD365 player for about $50. I've had no problems with it watching store bought movies, but I made back ups of some movies so the kids don't destroy them, and it won't read any of them at all (tried 3 or 4 so far). They were burned on DVD-R media and read fine in my other player.

So, I may return the Koss to Sears and get something else but I'm sure I won't get cash back since I didn't pay for it with cash.

So, what player from Sears that's less than $100 would you guy recommend? Only requirement is that it would play the DVD-Rs.

If this works, here's a Link.

According to the website, the only player they have that's $99.99 is a Sony DVPNS425P

Thanks for any input.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
See if they have any of the Panasonic or JVC models - they are best for DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW compatability. HOwever if might be your DVD copy program or burning sofware or the quality of the DVD-R media, many players are very picky!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks