Best source of DVD-audio titles!?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PaulKH, Mar 13, 2002.

1. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

I've waded through Amazon.com and the local Best Buy and I've been underwhelmed by the limited selection of titles. Maybe that's all there is.

Is there a web site anyone can recommend as a great place to find out what DVD Audio titles are available? I've just tried a DVD-Audio titles (Corrs) on my new HT setup and I love the audio quality and want more!

I'd really like to get some 'blow me away' classical too and perhaps other stuff.

Thanks in advance.

2. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

Paul,
    I use www.dvdplanet.com all the time. They usually have a very good selection, they're cheaper than anyone else and regularly restock sold out titles. The nice part is that they have a dedicated dvd-a section so you don't have to hunt all over the entire site to find a particular listing.

3. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

If you want to see all the titles available on dvd-a, go to www.dvdpricesearch.com and type the words: dvd audio in the open search box at the top of the page. You don't need to do anything other than that. It'll return a list of 194 titles now available. Nuff Said!

4. Sutjahjo Ngaserin

Sutjahjo Ngaserin Stunt Coordinator

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I think Forum Sponsor Laser's Edge has titles as well. There isn't much out there to choose from for DVD-Audio right now. Also, if you like high resolution stereo, look for DAD discs, DVD-Video encoded with 96/24 PCM stereo tracks. It's a high resolution format and they sound fantastic. Most DVD-A players are well equipped to get the maximum enjoyment from these tracks.

NP: Bruce Cockburn: Salt, Sun, and Time.

6. Craig F

Craig F Second Unit

Craig
  7. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Thanks very much everyone! I found a new DVDA release with all the Brandenburg concertos on it at dvdempire.com but it wasn't available there, so I went to the manufacturer's site (tacet.de) which lead me to a Canadian site called adagioplus.com where I ordered it! Yay...

I translated a German review off tacet.de into English using altavista, and the translation was hilarious.

8. Craig F

Craig F Second Unit

Craig