Best software to manage digital camera/PC transfers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Hi, i just got a Fujifilm Finepix 1300 Digicam from Amazon for $99, it works great!

But when transferring files from the camera to the comptuer with USB using Windows Explorer is a real pain copying and pasting and opening directories etc.

Whats a good program out there that'll let me transfer files and look at what pics i have on the camera?

Thanks

2. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

What is the difficulty you're having with Explorer?

Surely with a thumbnail view enabled, it's not that much of a pain - no?

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Its not difficult, just a pain to have to copy and paste it looking for directories.

I gotta show my parents how to use it too, and that might just confuse them.

Right now i have a program called cam2pc, it runs in my taskbar and i just double click it, a window shows up already preset with the destination folder, and i just press download to transfer all the files.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Dang, double post

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I use the software that came with my Nikon...sorry that's not too much help, is it?

6. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

Have a look at Jasc After Shot. It might be suitable for you. Looking at the demo it doesn't show all the extended file info such as shutter speeds etc which my Nikon software does, but it seems to do everything else including some basic image manipulation - ok for simple snaps. I think only a few newer progs can display this extended info (can't remember what the format is called).

7. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    My camera's pretty basic, so i doint need all that info like shutterspeed etc.

Thanks

8. Rob Tenniswood

Rob Tenniswood Stunt Coordinator

I'm all about ZoomBrowser Ex. I came with my camera (Canon Elph S110), though I know that it also works with other cameras... check it out for sure. It's really good software.