What's new

Best software to manage digital camera/PC transfers? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hi, i just got a Fujifilm Finepix 1300 Digicam from Amazon for $99, it works great!

But when transferring files from the camera to the comptuer with USB using Windows Explorer is a real pain copying and pasting and opening directories etc.

Whats a good program out there that'll let me transfer files and look at what pics i have on the camera?

Thanks

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
What is the difficulty you're having with Explorer?

Surely with a thumbnail view enabled, it's not that much of a pain - no?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Its not difficult, just a pain to have to copy and paste it looking for directories.

I gotta show my parents how to use it too, and that might just confuse them.

Right now i have a program called cam2pc, it runs in my taskbar and i just double click it, a window shows up already preset with the destination folder, and i just press download to transfer all the files.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I use the software that came with my Nikon...sorry that's not too much help, is it?

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
Have a look at Jasc After Shot. It might be suitable for you. Looking at the demo it doesn't show all the extended file info such as shutter speeds etc which my Nikon software does, but it seems to do everything else including some basic image manipulation - ok for simple snaps. I think only a few newer progs can display this extended info (can't remember what the format is called).

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
My camera's pretty basic, so i doint need all that info like shutterspeed etc.

Thanks

Rob Tenniswood

Stunt Coordinator
I'm all about ZoomBrowser Ex. I came with my camera (Canon Elph S110), though I know that it also works with other cameras... check it out for sure. It's really good software.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks