Best small speakers that go in TV?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by M_a_r_k^NE, Apr 6, 2003.

1. M_a_r_k^NE

M_a_r_k^NE Agent

Whats some good speakers that would fit into my 36 inch Sharp TV? I'm talking about 3inch by 3inch type speakers here. I have an A/V receiver and 5.1 set up, but many times I just watch the TV by itself. I want to upgrade the speakers in the TV. Will it make a difference? Or should I just leave it be as is with the stock speakers?

2. David Lorenzo

David Lorenzo Stunt Coordinator

There are some 3" speakers that would put those stock speakers to shame. I have no idea how or even if they could be swapped out.

Focal makes some good 3 inchers, but the magnets are pretty big and since they are made for car applications, they probably aren't shielded. This means that they would throw out a big magnetic flux that would distort the picture a lot.

What's the reason why you aren't willing to use external speakers? Seems like a much easier approach and would yield much better sound quality.

Edit: Sorry. Those Focals are actually 4 inch drivers. I don't know of any 3 inch ones.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    There are plenty of speakers that could fit the bill. However, the benefit vs potential negative effect of opening up your TV to do this is not going to be worth it, IMHO, ESPECIALLY if you are not trained to work on this type of equipment.