What's new

Best Sirius add on ? (1 Viewer)

I just made my mind up because of the NFL package. What is the best unit to add on to a 2003 Chevy Suburban with a factory in-dash Bose 6 CD changer? I hate to get rid of this radio entirely as it is pretty good and very expensive.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I like my Audiovox. I personally think it look nice. You can probably find a lot of them used.

http://members.cox.net/jbirzer/images/Jetta/Radio.JPG

There are also various plug and plays out there as well, if you want something that you can move around. Audiovox makes a nice one that hooks into a boombox, as well as cradles for your car and house.

Jason

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Here is a link to the AudioVox unit Jason mentioned.

That looks very nice in the vehicle I think, but it is FM modulated, so I am not too sure about the audio quality. If you want the best quality, do what Ron did and get a Kenwood Headunit.

David-S

Second Unit
Dick:

You might want to check around, (maybe go to a forum for you car), there might very well be a way you can tie into the CD-changer inputs, and therefore use one of the plug and play units (with a direct input, not FM modulated...), but keep your stock head unit...

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

It also has RCAs, so you can connect it to a HU that has RCAs or use a Blitzsafe adaptor for a CD changer input.

I use the FM mod, and I'm pretty happy with it.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks