What's new

Best shows NEVER to be given a shot :( (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I have to agree with "Space: Above and Beyond". I also really dug "American Gothic". The Raimi-Tapert produced "Spy Game" looked like cheesy fun, but was canceled before I even had a chance to see it. I hope it was not that good. :) I would have liked to have seen the "Once a Thief" TV series get a chance in the USA. All we got was the John Woo-directed pilot which was kind of fun if you were not expecting a remake of the John Woo HK movie. I also don't get what happened to "Maximum Bob". Everyone seemed to like it for a half season and then it never got picked up.
Regards,

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
-Brimstone - Inventive series that really showed promise in its last two episodes, helped by strong acting talents of the two leads. The photography was simply stunning.

-Harsh Realm - Great action adventure series that should have been given the dignity of a 13 episode run.

-Nowhere Man - The most paranoid of television shows, this series had many, many troubles, but was helped by the strong acting talents of Bruce Greenwood, and a wonderful score by Mark Snow.

-G Vs E - Hilarious series that just never found the proper audience.

While speaking of underappreciated series, Millennium's second season is by far the best season of television that 1013 productions ever put out there.

Dave Sutton

Agent
I wish "Sportsnight" would have held on a few more years. More of a case that the audience didn't give it a chance.
:frowning:

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I really liked "Nasty Boys".

It was about undercover cops in Las Vegas and I think they were able to keep the stuff(cars, clothes etc) when they would bust dealers. I was young and it has been so long my memory is fuzzy.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Freaks and Geeks most definately (how many episodes of this show were made? I have seen it alot on what used to be FOX Family)
Jack of All Trades (I think I just liked the theme song
Family Guy (which is about to die or has already) is (or was) freakin' brilliant... even better than the Simpsons right now.
Sliders... what DID Sci-Fi do to this brilliant show?! I want it on DVD right now! (at least the Fox episodes)
:D

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
OIt lasted 2 years and the second season, around 2 or 3 million people were watching this show by the second season.

BrandonM

Stunt Coordinator
Cupid was one of my favorite shows a couple years ago, but ABC sure fixed that by moving it around and finally cancelling it.

Brisco County Jr. was another great show that should have lasted more than 1 season.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Grapevine (the first version)

The Richard Pryor Show (6 shows, then censored out of existence)

Freaks And Geeks (Best series ending ever--lead girl runs off on tour with The Grateful Dead)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Popular, moving it to friday night (when the core audience was out partying!!!) was a big mistake. :frowning: sadly only 43 episodes were ever made, and the bastards at WB made Ryan Murphy put cliffhangers in!

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I'll second Richard. My So-Called Life. It only ran for about half a season before getting the axe. That show was so good it's hard to describe. Hell even the critics all loved it but ABC had it on a bad time slot during that year so it got bad ratings.

Jeff

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Family Guy
:confused: This has been on for three years now. That seems like a pretty good "chance".
"My so-called life" was only on for a season? (checking IMDb...) Wow! I could only catch episodes sporadically, but it was an outstanding show!
Link Removed I discovered this in a late night slot, and got hooked. And when I had finally figured out what the heck was going on, had become involved with the story, and huge season-ending cliffhanger was show ... they canceled it! ;f Much the same happened with Link Removed, though I didn't watch it as much (but I think someone wlse mentioned it).

Lawrence

Agent
The Powers That Be

The Commish

Both early 90's TV shows that didn't last too long that I really enjoyed.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I really liked the show "The Others", I think if NBC gave it more of a chance it might have done well. Another show I liked was "Freaky Links"

I guess what it comes down to is the almighty dollar. Who cares about substance. Look at Seinfeld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks