What's new

Best shocking , dramatic gutwrenching scenes. (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
American History X:

When Edward Norton, Jr. positions the car thief's upper teeth on the concrete curb, then CRUNCH, comes down hard on the back of his head with his boot.

To this day, it makes me shudder - like I'm doing now - whenever I think about it.

Jon

Martin G

Second Unit
In the anime Fushigi Yuugi

When Tamahome comes back to visit his family and finds that they have all been brutally murdered. Even his littlest sister.

Also in Fushigi Yuugi

When Tamahome is visiting his families grave and he turns around to Miaka with tears streaming down his face and all he says is "they just won't stop"

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
In Requiem for a Dream:
The last 10-15mins, the most intense and depressing scenes I think i've ever seen
Traffic:
When Michael Douglas finds his daughter in the hotel, and breaks down crying.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
rob kilbride -

Saving Private Ryan : "and the Nazi sneers something in German"..

No he doesn't, he tries to comfort Mellish by telling him that it'll all be over soon, it's easier and simpler this way. A lovely metaphor IMO.

Cary T

Screenwriter
Here are some more anime:

In Trigun

The death of Wolfwood

In Cowboy Bebop

Death of Spike

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
In One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest:

When the Chief realizes what's happened to McMurphy at the end, then does the only proper thing he could do in that situation. Especially the final embrace between the two.

T2: Judgment Day:

Everything after T-800 says, "No, there is one more chip, and it must be destroyed also." Emotional scens in action movies often seem contrived and out-of-place, but this one didn't to me.

Unforgiven:

Everything from, "It's a hell of a thing killin' a man," to the end.

We Were Soldiers:

The final scene with Barry Pepper's narration.

Spartacus:

The bittersweet end, where Spartacus, while slowly dying on the cross, sees his child free. And when him and Antoninus are forced to fight.

Of Mice and Men:

"Tell me about the rabbits George."

Godfather:

Tom telling Don Corleone that Sonny's been killed.

And, my personal favorites:

-The sword in Bravheart

-The taxi-cab scene in On The Waterfront.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The ending scene in Shadow of the Vampire where it's revealed that Shreck is really a vampire. The shot where Fritz fires a few bullets into his chest is shocking...as is the next shot of Fritz getting a broken neck!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The scene in Targets when:
The protagonist finally goes over the edge and coldly murders his wife and mother before going on a killing spree.
Broke out my old VHS copy of this and watched it the other night - this movie NEEDS to be on DVD. However, given the current climate, I doubt we'll see it anytime soon. :frowning:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
How about this scene in The Abyss:
Where Lindsey (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio) voluntarily lets herself drown in order to give her ex (Ed Harris) a chance to save their lives.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
What Lies Beneath

When you learn that Harrison Ford's character killed the girl, and then he tries to kill his wife in several extremely tense scenes.

Castaway

The plane crash.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Noone has dared say E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

You know, the bits where E.T. is lying on the river, dying. I felt I had been hit over the head with an iron bar. To say nothing of the death scene itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks