What's new

best setup for a big room. (1 Viewer)

BobTheobald

Auditioning
Well, first post here. Looks like a fantastic forum filled with knowledgeable people, and that's exactly what I need:D
I have a room that is approximately 20'x15'. While this is not unusual, the ceiling height is. The ceiling tapers upwards from one side of the room at a mere 6' to a span of 20'. What I would like to know, is what type of speaker placement would be most effective for these unusual acoustics. Also, a few suggestions on speakers wouldn't hurt either. Maximum amount of money I would spend is 1500 dollars. That would include receiver, center, surrounds and sub. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm really excited to get started building my dream home theater:D Thanks again.
Bob

Tom_Price

Stunt Coordinator
Bob,

I just wanted to say "welcome". It's always good to see a new member from St.Louis.

-TJ

BobTheobald

Auditioning
Thanks for the welcome Tom. I see that I had 53 views and only one post:frowning: I'm nearing completion on my renovations and the sooner I can get some useful suggestions, the better. Please, help me out guys.

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
Hi Bob.

Unfortunately, I'm basically speaker illiterate. (I still think my Bose speakers sound pretty good.) You might want to try the Speaker and Subwoofer forum.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Bob,

Threads that ask multiple questions usually don’t get much response, as you can see – probably because it takes more time to respond than most people are willing to give. Also, a thread that asks “which receiver is best for $600” or “Which is better for $1000, speakers A, B or C?” will get more reponses than a “I have $xxxx to spend on a system” query, for the same reason.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks