best setup for a big room.

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by BobTheobald, Oct 27, 2003.

1. BobTheobald

BobTheobald Auditioning

Well, first post here. Looks like a fantastic forum filled with knowledgeable people, and that's exactly what I need[​IMG]
    I have a room that is approximately 20'x15'. While this is not unusual, the ceiling height is. The ceiling tapers upwards from one side of the room at a mere 6' to a span of 20'. What I would like to know, is what type of speaker placement would be most effective for these unusual acoustics. Also, a few suggestions on speakers wouldn't hurt either. Maximum amount of money I would spend is 1500 dollars. That would include receiver, center, surrounds and sub. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm really excited to get started building my dream home theater[​IMG] Thanks again.
    Bob

2. Tom_Price

Tom_Price Stunt Coordinator

Bob,

I just wanted to say "welcome". It's always good to see a new member from St.Louis.

-TJ

3. BobTheobald

BobTheobald Auditioning

Thanks for the welcome Tom. I see that I had 53 views and only one post[​IMG] I'm nearing completion on my renovations and the sooner I can get some useful suggestions, the better. Please, help me out guys.

4. Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry Stunt Coordinator

Jack Ferry
    Hi Bob.

Unfortunately, I'm basically speaker illiterate. (I still think my Bose speakers sound pretty good.) You might want to try the Speaker and Subwoofer forum.

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Bob,

Threads that ask multiple questions usually don’t get much response, as you can see – probably because it takes more time to respond than most people are willing to give. Also, a thread that asks “which receiver is best for $600” or “Which is better for $1000, speakers A, B or C?” will get more reponses than a “I have $xxxx to spend on a system” query, for the same reason.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

6. BobTheobald

BobTheobald Auditioning

Wayne
    Indeed it has helped. I think I'll take my questions elsewhere.
    Sincerely,
    Bob