What's new

Best Set of Speakers for $500-$600 (1 Viewer)

Ryan_DS

Auditioning
Could anyone suggest a speaker package for the $500-$600 price range? I would like the best sounding set of speakers i can get for this money. Is it ok to mix different brand speakers? Or is it best to get the full surround speaker package from one brand? Any help you could provide would be very appreciated.

Leo_P

Second Unit
Are you looking for a 2-channel stereo set-up? 5.1, 6.1, 7.1? Does the budget cover a subwoofer? A little more info would help.
I'd suggest sticking with the same manufacturer when shopping for speakers, so that everything will be timbre-matched.
FWIW, I started out with the JBL NSP1 system (mains, surrounds and center) teamed up with an AR S112PS subwoofer. It ran me about $440. I got alot of enjoyment out of that set-up and, IMO, it's a LOT of bang for the buck!
Good luck.

Anthony.Lin

Stunt Coordinator
A set of Energies falls right into your price category - although there are other speakers for the same price that should be considered as well

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Two Infinity Entra Twos will be around $320 (when I pick 'em up on Friday).
Two Entra Ones will be around $300.
The Entra center was marked at $150.

Asim

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck,
where are you picking up the Entras? Great to see another st. louisan who thinks this is the middle of misery. Did you check out Music for Pleasure by any chance on Big Bend? They have been quite helpful.

- asim

Marco Salvatori

Auditioning
Check out Ebay for unbeatable prices on Entra .5 HTS systems. I got mine for $589 + S&H and it arrived within 5 days. They're listed at Crutchfield for over $800. I paired'em up with a Denon 3803 and got a nice sounding setup. My only gripe: the sub seems a little underpowered, but then again it could be just me not having the proper calibration yet. Nevertheless, I feel I could have spent a little more and get something with bigger sound. If you can, try to spend more on speakers than any other component, you won't regret it.

VepeR

Auditioning
Anthony.Lin A set of Energies falls right into your price category - although there are other speakers for the same price that should be considered as well
Do you have any expiriences with Energy NEW XL 250, 150 and C100? I am planning them for my surround setup.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Check these out here . I've read some posts here saying they were great bang for your buck speakers- the price is sure good. Add a sub and your on your way. All you Fluance owners out there, how do these sound?

MatthewK

Stunt Coordinator
You could try the Dahlquist Orbit 5.1 for CDN$699 (~US$455 + shipping). Have heard some people really enjoy the system. There is a review of it (reposted) on the audioshop.on.ca website here: http://www.audioshop.on.ca/dallypacks.htm

Regardless, Marc at audioshop should really be able to help you out. He carries Axiom as well... another speaker you may want to look at as Axiom offers an "Epic Micro" system that is supposed to be relatively competitive with the Energy Take 5 setups.

Only recommending Marc personal experience. It is excellent to deal with him as he is very knowlegable, low / no pressure salesman who offers VERY competitive prices (IMHO).

Hope this helps. :)

Matthew

Bret l

Auditioning
Jose i have that set of flaunce they sound really good. alot better then i expected for their price they are definatley worth it. especially over cheap satelite packages.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Bret, I almost want to but these just to hear them for myself. I can't believe they are so well liked at such a low price. I heard these need a little break in time- did you find that to be true or were they good out of the box. Also, how are they on the low end? The highs clean and crisp or more laid back? Do they image well? Sorry for all the questions- don't feel like you need to answer any of them. The fact that they sound good to you is really good enough, but if you can...;)

Sorry, Ryan- for getting a bit off topic.

Alan M

Second Unit
Jose,I own that set of fluance speakers.Ive had them for 2 months and am still amazed at how good they sound for the money.for clarity and precision of sound,they cant b beat.
Yes they do require breakin.At 1st,they sound clear,but thin.I played fm radio through them for 2 days,and then,they opened up.
imaging is very good with this set,and considering the price,its truly a real steal.
Low end is reasonable,but,they soar when a sub is added.
Happy hunting and remember,let your ears be the judge.

AhsanR

Stunt Coordinator
I HAVE THE BEST SOLUTION FOR YOU...

Now these speakers are the best bang for you buck.

Go To www.ubid.com and check out the Wharfedale line.

The Wharfedale's are amazing for only 100 bucks for there top line floorstanders!!

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
I got 'em at Circuit City - Went in Ultimate Electronics first, wandered around a little, obviously imitating the invisible man, and then Circuit City matched the price that UE had posted.

I'm gonna have to check out that place on Big Bend - my sister has been talking about building on a wing to be a media room/master bedroom upstairs...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks