best satellite speaker package sub-$600

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by calvin_b, Apr 6, 2004.

1. calvin_b

calvin_b Stunt Coordinator

hi,

i should've joined this forum before i bought my system which consists of polk R30s, R15s, PSW303 sub, and a CSi30 center.

i am primarily a movie watcher, w/ probably only about 1-5% music. im looking for a good satellite speaker package for under $600.

i just took home the energy encore speakers, and to be quite honest, they did not really sound as good as i thought. oddly enough, i enjoyed the bose acoustimass 10 speakers a lot, but i am not going to buy them because IMO, they lack a lot of mids.

the receiver i have is an onkyo ht-r500 that spits out 75x5. going into a room that is 10' X 24', but the 5.1 system is going to be only occupying 1/2 that, so about 10' by 12'. any help is appreciated. thanks!

2. calvin_b

anyone?

3. prashanth_sharma

the HSU ventriloquist system (VT-12)with the STF-1 sub. would be right up there, if not the best solution for this price..

heres a review, one among many..

linky

4. Daman

Daman Second Unit

btw the polk rm6700 and infinity series(dont know the model no,but you can audition them at cc) are both pretty good, i liked the polk better and thats what i have at present, polks are 600$ and CC has a scheme on where you get a sub for free(you can upgrade that sub too and pay the difference) whereas the infinity setup is 700$ with the sub

5. calvin_b

daman, are you talking about the primus package?

6. Jonny*D

Jonny*D Agent

I have the Jamo A330PDD.3B. $445 online at soundpros.com and I love them. I even bought a second Jamo sub for a different system.

7. Daman

Daman Second Unit

ya calvin i think so, i dont know the model name but its a 5.1 setup by infinity costing 700 bucks, but i listened to both polk and infinity together and polks clearly sounded more fuller in sound, a buddy of mine also has a JBL satellite setup which also sounds pretty good to me and its much cheaper too,i think in the 300$ or so price range.