What's new

Best Sat. and decoder system for 40x81 (1 Viewer)

Mike_Thorn

Auditioning
Well been out of the loop for a long time so the above is the question. Way back when we were all waiting for a model 6000 or something. I forget as it was a bit ago. Just wondering what is the newest and hottest must have out there now? I've got some cash now so maybe I can now start using the HD on my set. Any info?

Mike_Thorn

Auditioning
PS....What happened to all the posts in this area? I know things haven't changed that much since my last visit to this site. :)

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
Well, the Toshiba set top HDTV/DirecTV decoder finally came out, and had good reviews...I'd probably buy it if there were any significant HDTV broadcasts, like sports.

Dale Rabeneck

Auditioning
It's really hard to define "best."
I've done a bit of homework over the last month and decided on the E* 6000. Reasons are as follows:
  1. Very good price on equipment ( check out www.dish.depot.com )
  2. High Def HBO, Showtime, PPV
  3. Easy add of the OTA tuner ($99)
  4. Lower priced service than DirecTV[/list=a]
    I installed the system myself over the weekend. The family likes it. I like it.
    Good luck.
    ------------------
    ----------------
    Dale Rabeneck
    [email protected]

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike,
You have been gone for a long time. The HD6000 has been out for over a year. Also there has been an increase in the popularity of the 5000 model with the HD decoder. That combo along with the right computer equipment will let you record HD Dish programs and OTA HD programs.
On the DirecTV side, everyone has an HD model.
-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks