What's new

Best RPTV for standard cable viewing... (1 Viewer)

DarrellC

Stunt Coordinator
I feel I have narrowed my search for my first RPTV down to the Mits 55511 or the Pioneer Pro520HD. Since the Pro530HD is so improved, I might even splurge on it. I do not have a progressive scan dvd player (yet) or am I able to get HDTV broadcasts locally or through my cable provider. So here is the question...

Which set has a better picture for regular cable and non progressive scan dvd viewing? Lighting is not an issue nor is the audio part of the tv. Since I can not get HDTV locally, a built-in tuner is also not a priority. If there are some other sets I should consider plaese feel free to give me your opinion.:D

David S

Stunt Coordinator
Darrell - I've pretty much narrowed my search down to the same, although, as I'm about 13+ feet from screen, I'm gonna pony up to the Pro630. From what I've seen (brother inlaw has a Pro710+digital cable), in-a couple of stores, plus lots of reviews, I like the Pioneer better for regular viewing. The "natural" mode is just that, and I see very little (if none) streching/short and fat stuff from the Elite. On the Mits, Toshiba and Hitachi (all very nice sets and argubly better values cause of price), I see more squished/etc on normal tv.

On HD + DVD the other sets look great, and when professionally calibrated are said to =/surpass a profess calabrated Elite (for less $$ mind you). For me, I have not upgraded my 40 Mits DV since 96, hence the additional $$ for the Elite seems justified:D

Also, check this out (may bum you/but work it if you've got Tweeter. Thru last Sunday they had the 520 on sale for $2,999, and were selling you the 530 for the ame $2,999. Catch was they did not tell me that. I saw it on the net AFTER the Superbowl and I guess it ended at kickoff. I was there Sat night and salesman said zero/henc sucks being unprepared. I justify it cause I want the 58"630, if you've got a Tweeter, see if they will do that deal tomorrow-good luck!

DarrellC

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard Tweeter was selling the 520HD for $2999 and also the 530HD for the same price if they did not have the 520HD in stock. What if they do have the 520HD in stock?

Why would they sell you a 530HD for the same price?

David S

Stunt Coordinator
I believe they WOULD have sold me the 530 (my choice) BEFORE kickoff. I guess it does not matter as I think we'd be hard pressed to get the same deal now. It was such a good deal, they probably are going to be firm with its rule!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks