Best Remote Control?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by scottPops, Mar 22, 2006.

1. scottPops

scottPops Auditioning

Ive been looking for a universal remote for my new (and in progress) home theater. I wanted to put all of my components in the closet so I was looking for an RF remote control to get. At first I was set on getting the Logitech Harmony 890 but as I keep researching it I keep seeing very bad reviews for it. So I kept looking around and came across the Home Theater MX-800 which got very good reviews but im not crazy about its looks and it seems a little old. I was wondering if you guys had any input on either of these or if you think I should just go get the Logitech Harmony 880 which looks exactly like the 890 and got very good reviews but is strictly IR and get an IR/RF Remote extender. Also if I wanted to do this what is the best Remote Extender around?

2. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

I understood that there wasn't much difference between the 880 and the 890. They just added RF capability. I love my 880, it does make it easy to go between watching HDTV to watching a DVD or playing a game console. Getting the delay to work with my projector is tricky.. (projector takes about 60 seconds after powerup before it accepts commands)
    I did just what you said, I have the 880 with a simple IR repeater system and all of my components in the closet behind my screen.