1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Remote Control?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by scottPops, Mar 22, 2006.

1. scottPops

scottPops Auditioning

Ive been looking for a universal remote for my new (and in progress) home theater. I wanted to put all of my components in the closet so I was looking for an RF remote control to get. At first I was set on getting the Logitech Harmony 890 but as I keep researching it I keep seeing very bad reviews for it. So I kept looking around and came across the Home Theater MX-800 which got very good reviews but im not crazy about its looks and it seems a little old. I was wondering if you guys had any input on either of these or if you think I should just go get the Logitech Harmony 880 which looks exactly like the 890 and got very good reviews but is strictly IR and get an IR/RF Remote extender. Also if I wanted to do this what is the best Remote Extender around?

2. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

I understood that there wasn't much difference between the 880 and the 890. They just added RF capability. I love my 880, it does make it easy to go between watching HDTV to watching a DVD or playing a game console. Getting the delay to work with my projector is tricky.. (projector takes about 60 seconds after powerup before it accepts commands)
    I did just what you said, I have the 880 with a simple IR repeater system and all of my components in the closet behind my screen.