What's new

Best reciever under $1k to match with my PSB speakers (1 Viewer)

Tim_R_H

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking primarily for a HT reciever as I will use it very little for music. I have PSB Image 5Ts for fronts and Image 9C for middle and currently Infinity minis for surround. What would be a good match under 1K.

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
Marantz, Yammie, Onkyo and Dennon are great.

I love my Outlaw and would but it again! (outlawaudio.com)

Try to go seperates if you can.

My $.02

Jason Co

Second Unit
Tim,
I am no expert, but the Denon 3802 is sweet. I have just upgraded my entire system, and the thing I like best about the 3802 is it can be upgraded in the future if I ever decide to go to separates (I hope my wife doesn't read this). I have read a lot of posts and reviews that the Denon is laid back or warm or this and that.... My ears aren't quite that sophisticated...but lemme tell ya...movies absolutely ROCK on this system. If you can still get that deal at 6ave.com I would go for it. I sold my wife on it telling her that I just bought a $1000 receiver for $700. She loves bargains!

J

Tim_R_H

Stunt Coordinator
I have been considering the Denon 3802. My only concern with it is that it only has 3 digital optical inputs which I will already max out with DVD/Sat Dish/Xbox. Although unless I hook up another video game system I'm not sure what I would hook a 4th optical output to.

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Tim,

It's also got one digital coax input. Many devices with optical outs also have digital coax outs. FYI.

Austin

Aslam Imran

Second Unit
Go with the 3802. For HT under 1K it cant be beat IMHO. If 2 ch music is your taste then there are other worthy contenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks