What's new

best reciever for under $1000 (1 Viewer)

Matt_Sulli

Agent
I'm currently looking to built a home theater setup, and while i've chosen the speakers, i'm unsure about the reciever. Right now i'm looking at the denon avr-3802, but i want to know what your opinions are, i've looked at the outlaw 1050, and i think it might be a little underpowered, however if you think other wise, let me know, i've also looked at the onkyo 787(not sure, but retailed for 900), and the yamaha rxv1000.

The reciever will be paired with paradigm studio 60 fronts and studio cc center, svs 20-39 sub, and mini monitor or adp rears.

let me know what you think

Brian Treinen

Stunt Coordinator
I just hooked up my new 3802 this last weekend and couldn't be happier with it. I'm not familiar with any of the other receivers you mentioned but all have gotten great reviews here and in the press. I'm not sure you could go wrong with any of them.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
i second the yamaha 1200 suggestion and for 1000$ i am sure you can find the rx-v2200. it has a little more power and a few more options. the new yammies are not bright at all and should sound real nice with your speakers. the denon 3802 is also a fantastic receiver. any of these receivers will be great and last forever.

John Royster

Screenwriter
yamaha, denon, and don't forget HK.

all very good. Pick that sounds best to you. I'd stay away from denon if you listen to a lot of music though. My 3802 is great for home theater, but with music the amps just don't cut it.

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
I paid just under $800 for my Onkyo DS797 and it sounds great for both music and movies. I wouldn't leave them off your list.

Matt_Sulli

Agent
i'll be using the reciever for 60/40 music/ht, so thanks for the heads up on that

I'll have to take a look at the new yamaha's especially since my loacal paradigm dealer also has them, so i'll get to see exactly what i can expect from my setup, and i don't know why, i've just never been a big fan of hk, good sound, but never seemed to have much in terms of features

and as for the onkyo, i've listened to it before, good reciever, i just prefered the denon, but maybe it was just the polk speakers on the onkyo that just sounded good, and not great like i've heard about the onkyo, i'll have to give it a second listen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks