What's new

Best receiver to replace seperates with? (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
I am in the midst of a financial pitfall, so I must unfortunately "downgrade" my home theater, so to speak.

I currently am running a Rotel RSP-1066 mated with a Carver 806x amp. I want to know this-

are there any receivers out there that will provide comparable sound quality and impact? I am trying to stay under $1500, and will buy used if I must to stay under that level.

Thank you for your input!

Andrew B.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Andrew,sorry to hear that.

I would look at the Denon 4802. You should be able to pick one up online around that price.

Good Luck

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
Are you going to be selling the Rotel?
Likely- if I determine that that I can downgrade to something I will still be satisfied with, as well as recoup enough money to make a difference- yes. I will keep everyone posted as I am sure there will be many takers on the 1066. If I do sell it, I will let you know first.

Andrew B.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Onkyo 898
Sony da5es
Marantz 8200 not sure on the price, if it's too high then the 7200

JerryIII

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that Rotel has a reciever that may suit you if you like the Rotel sound.

Jerry

Hello Andrew,
I have done the same thing going back to a receiver from an Acurus Act-III, Adcom, Aragon amp set up.
Check out these threads:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...highlight=ubid
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=64396
I have never used Rotel equipment but I am very happy with the Yamaha RX-V1000 I picked up on ubid. The trade off is less power but adequate for sane listening and a little less clarity. What I did get is many more features and better imaging on 2 channel BAM! the sweet is really wide and better than the separates ever threw up. I replaced a little over $3000.00 of equipment with a receiver that cost around $430.00 :) :) :) :) all the way to the bank. Something to think about, others will probably be able to suggest better deals.
See Ya!
Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks