First Thank you! I'm usually shop Best Buy for my gear, so that gives you some sense of the type of shopper I am.
1. Speakers: Front Left & Right - Klipsch Synergy III 5.25" 2-way; Center: Klipsch Synergy III 5.25" 2-way Center; Surround - Synnergy III 4" 2-way (I have two and want to buy two more to achieve 7.1); Subwoofer - Klipsch 10" 420W Sub
2. The room is 13.5 x 13.5'. It's probably the worst shapped room for this. I keep the TV diagonal in one of the 4 corners.
3. Primarly for movies. I would like to listen to my DVD-Audio discs in this environment as well
4. Samsung HL-P6163W DLP 61". It does have HDMI input.
5. Receiver buget under $1000, and would prefer under $500 if I really don't need any extras.
Thanks Alan. I had been thinking Yamaha as well, so glad to see you recommend a couple options. Not knowing Yamaha as well, how do the two receivers you recommended compare to ones available at Best Buy.
My Onkyo SR803 has been great paired to my HD-A1. The HDMI switching has worked flawlessly and the sound output fantastic.
My Setup: Hitachi 50SV810 LCD Onkyo SR803 Receiver Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player Infinity Primus 360 Front Towers Infinity Primus 160 Rear's Infinity Primus C25 Center Velodyne DPS12 Subwoofer Monster Power HTPS2600 Power station....
Any recomendations for low-cost receivers with 5.1 analog inputs and and a phantom mode for the center channel? I don't really want to mess with HDMI and right now I don't have room for a center channel speaker
I've hooked up my HD-A1 via HDMI to a Pioneer VSX-74TXVi receiver, but when I play an HD disc that has Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 only, the receiver spits it out as 2 channel PCM. I realize this is because HDMI 1.1 can't handle the higher bitrate audio, but isn't there a way for Dolby Plus to be played out as a standard DD 5.1 thru HDMI? Do I really have to hook up the coax and/or the analog outs?