What's new

Best receiver and speakers for under $1200 (1 Viewer)

Todd Durham

Agent
OK guys...help me out here..a buddy is going to upgrade his home theater setup and is thinking about going to a Bose Cube system. I about died and told him that I could do him alot better for $1000-$1200. He already has a DVD player so all he is looking for is a good/decent receiver and a sub/sat system. I have my own ideas about what I can do for him but am looking for some unbiased opinions. Any help will be appreciated. He is going to buy soon so quick responses will help save him from this terrible fate. Thanks.

DanaA

Screenwriter
I looked through the Sunday papers and Good Guys has an 80 watt/channel Yamaha receiver with Dolby Digital and DTS coupled with Polk sub and satellites for $799.99, down from $1149.99. While these are probably both toward the end of the respective company's product lines, both companies are respected and I would be surprised if they didn't sound better than any offering by Bose in the under $1500 range.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
hrmm...maybe a $400 receiver (look at Onkyo 595 and Denon 1802) plus the JBL NSP1 package ($299) and an SVS 25-31CS with a $100 plate amp or a cheap monoblock. that'd be killer!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks