Best rears for wharfedale evo 30

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MickWall, Apr 29, 2004.

1. MickWall

MickWall Auditioning

Hi, New to this and about to setup my first Home cinema system.

I am looking at the
    Denon 3805
    Wharfedale Evo 30's for front

I cant decide between evo 8 or the Bi-Polar for the rears

What do you guys think?

Regards

Mick

2. Chad A

Chad A Stunt Coordinator

Mick, it might depend on your listening materials.
    If you will be listening to any music at all I'd say go with the Evo 8's or 10's because the bipoles are not true full range speakers. S&V mag tested them to around 10khz only.
    If your going 100% movies the bipoles might be better depending on the room shape.

I have an all Diamond setup that I'm very pleased with including the DFS bipoles but I'm considering replacing them with 8.1s because I just recently got into dvd-audio and feel they will perform much better especially on the top end.

3. MickWall

MickWall Auditioning

Thanks

I went for the 8's very very pleased with all these wharedales. Also went for a Yamaha 315 sub.

Thanks for the advice

Mick

4. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Mike,

Back before Christmas, I was auditioning for new speakers. I listened to B&W, Paradigm, Boston Acoustics, Rockets, and Wharfedale EVO 40. I was getting ready to buy the EVO 40's when I heard my first Magneplanar speaker...the Magnepan 1.6/QR. I fell in love with the sound of these tall, thin speakers and went for a complete 5 channel set up...along with a new SVS PC-Ultra.

But, if I were to have bought a conventional "box" speaker, my choice would have been the EVO 40's. They are very nice sounding with great sound stage!!

Enjoy your EVO 30's. [​IMG]