What's new

Best Real Time Strategy Game for PC (1 Viewer)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I want to know a very good Real Time Strategy War game. But not a fantasy of sc-fi. I mean either a world war, conquest or eurpoean war game. But not something with magic and spacehips and all that (no offense). I was thinking like Civilization 3 (for the conquest), Cossacks-Euro Wars, or Age of Empire II. What do you think?

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
At the moment, I would argue Age of Mythology, but I'm keeping a close eye on Rise of Nations.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Rise of Nations is fucking bloody brillant. But be warned, it is fairly quick paced.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Yep, I'm liking Rise of Nations right now. I haven't had much time to play it, but from what I've seen so far the game is DEEP. Should be tons of replay value there. It might be what your looking for. Also you might want try out C&C Generals, though a lot of people hate it to death, I really enjoy it.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed Age of Mythology, but if you want to stay away from the "magic" side of things, then Age of Empires II is a classic. Can't go wrong!

I've been really wanting to get C&C Generals but need to spice up my machine before I do. :frowning:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
C&C Generals is more flash and little depth. I, like 90% of others that bought this game, was into it for about 1 month.. then back to my money game for PC. Plus the rating system ruins it because there are a bunch of mediocre players there just to raise their score doing shady things that ruin the game. It can be fun if you get hooked up with the right people, but good luck, especially if you're behind a router.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I just downloaded the demo last night. Ended up playing until about 1:00 a.m. So far, I am liking it a lot, and I am not usually a big fan of RTS (I prefer turn-based, a la HoMM or Civ). RoN does feel a lot like a real-time Civ. You build different buildings to gather various resources, research in 5 different areas to open up advances and new units, and they even have Wonders. I'll have to get used to the real-time aspect of combat, but this game has me not dreading that. I was on the fence before, but this has probably pushed me into buying the game on the 20th.

ADDED COMMENT:
One thing that could get a bit daunting is city management, once you have established a larger nation. I'm sure there is a pause button though, which should help to make things a little easier to handle.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Personally, I love the Commandos game. They're RTS without resource management. The third one is due out this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks