Best Quality Playback

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Anthony Moore, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

Jul 12, 2001
    Ok, so I have a DELL 9100 Dimension, P4, 3.0ghz, 512MB of RAM.

I also just picked up the Geforce 6600GT and the monster Widescreen 2405FPW 24" LCD DELL flat panel. The monitor is 1900 x 1200 (or so).

My question is this:

I need the best picture quality for my buck. I have DVD's in full quality on my hard drive, and I will be playing DVD's from the ROM drive as well.

What software should I download, or buy, to get the best picture quality? I have heard of the PUREVIDEO from NVidia..and ive heard of Theater Tek. Theater Tek actually comes with the PureVideo decoders. Will this be good for me? I dont really know much about tweaking, so will this be a good start?

Also, is there any "Mode" that these should be in? Any kind of setup options I should be aware of? Ive heard of "VMR9" this in the video card setup? Or in TheaterTek? What about "RENDERLESS?" Can anyone explain that to me?

And what about "scaling" dvds to my monitor's native resolution?

Am I going in the wrong direction? Im open to anything that will get me the good picture I should be getting with this new system.

Any help would be appreciated. Just looking for the best bang for my buck. I am sorry if there any many questions, but I am relatively new to the scene and some of the aspects I just havent grasped yet.

Thank you!

PS: Will any medsia front end open Theater Tek?
  2. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Oct 14, 2002
    Do you mean stuff like Meedio or Windows Media Center Edition? Yes, but they may require messing with program settings or a plug-in.