best projector for under $2500

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Craig Aguiar, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Craig Aguiar

Craig Aguiar Stunt Coordinator

Hello all. I'm pretty sure this question has been posted many times but here goes. What do you think is the best projector for 1500-2500 canadian (1200 to 2000 US)

Thanks, Craig

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    For a digital projector, the Panasonic L300U comes to mind. But if you can stretch the budget slightly, then the Sony HS20 is one to watch for.

3. Thomas Willard

Thomas Willard Stunt Coordinator

I am very pleased with my Panasonic PT-L300U. Good contrast (for an LCD projector), long bulb life, and very quiet operation. It scales a 1080i image very well (540x2) and does a great job with DVD's. In watching Monster's Inc. I don't see how you could get a better picture.

4. Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius Supporting Actor

I'll add the soon to be released Panasonic 500.

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

If you want to order from a Canadian dealer I just bought a Studio Experience 1HD for a hair over $1800 cdn shipped to my door from Kevin Benton ([email protected]) whom I highly recomend due to their great pricing and first rate service. I've never had such good service before in any purchase both locally or online.

6. Craig Aguiar

Craig Aguiar Stunt Coordinator

Craig here again. Thanks for the input. I also wanted to mention that I can get a good deal on a
    philips Garbo LCD projector. Does anyone have experience with either of these two projectors?