Best Projector for $10k?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GermainW, Nov 15, 2001.

1. GermainW

GermainW Extra

My dad ordered the Christie Vivid Green projector for about $10k. I'm a little worried as I can barely find any info. on this machine on the web.
    I'd just like to hear from people what they think is a good choice for a projector (for movies) for around the same price.
    Thanks......

2. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Hmm... digital projectors: Sharp 9000 DLP (native 16:9 DLP panel with decent contrast figures, they quote 1100:1). Not sure about exact price, but $8000-9000?
    Otherwise some CRT-projector. Not sure if you can get the holy grail of CRT [​IMG] for $10k used, the Sony G90. Otherwise a Sony G70 perhaps.
    But I'm not an expert on the topic especially when it comes to the US market being over in Finland myself.
    Maybe you should ask over at the AVSForum, lots of very knowledgable people there.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/
    ------------------
    /Kimmo

3. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Germain,
    I would say Fear Not. Christie Digital makes some very nice projectors. They are typically used more in professional setups, anywhere from boardrooms to movie theaters to production. In fact one of the production companies I have worked along side (haven't had the pleasure of working "with" them) often uses Christie projectors and the images I have seen were spectacular IMO. What kind of information were you looking for? Company specs or user feedback? If company specs go to http://www.christiedigital.com
    Best of luck,
    Dan Hine

4. GermainW

GermainW Extra

Thanks for your replies! The search continues...
    [​IMG]