What's new

Best Progressive Scan DVD w/ MP3 < $1000 (1 Viewer)

Mike_Reznik

Stunt Coordinator
I currenlty have a Toshiba SD-6200. I have been pretty happy with this player, however I use my DVD player as a CD Transport as well. I want to upgrade my DVD player to something with a solid transport, Progressive Output, and that can play MP3s.

I've been reading several posts on this board that say that most DVD players with MP3 capabilities don't do too well with the MP3 payback.

Can anyone please suggest a good Progressive Scan DVD player with MP3 playback ability.

I've been looking at the Denon DVD-2800, are there any other good ones out there?

KurtisJ

Agent
I can't help you, but....what does solid transport mean?

I am also looking for a player with better audio capabilities.

Mike_Reznik

Stunt Coordinator
I'm no expert but...

To me the "Transport" is the part of the DVD (or cd) player that holds and reads the media. My definition of a "solid transport" is something that is going to do a good job of reading the media and transporting the data to the D/A and DAC or my sound processor. A solid transport should be a well built/durable tray and a good reader.

ManojM

Stunt Coordinator
The Kenwood Soverign DV-5700 has excellent PQ, very good DVD-A, and is an excellent transport also. Also plays MP3s. I would not buy the Denon 2800, if you want a Denon badly wait for the Denon 2800 Mk II or 3800. Another choice is the Panasonic RP91, the de-interlacing and the audio section are not quite as good as the 5700. The Denon 1600 is probably a good choice for lesser money, but I have not auditioned it myself (I will be this week). Another upcoming choice is the Philips 962 with Faroudja de-interlacer, SACD, and CD upsampling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks