What's new

Best Progressive Scan DVD player? (1 Viewer)

ToddJ

Second Unit
I'm trying to decide between the Panasonic RP56 and the Toshiba SD4700 or SD5700....any recommendations? I am planning on buying the Panasonic PT47WX49 TV by this summer, so whatever works best with that as well.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Are you sure you are going to buy the Panasonic PT47WX49?

If so, I think you may need a player with aspect ratio control. I recall the panny tv locks into widescreen mode when fed a progressive signal. I think they made the Panny rp91 specificly to compensate for problems with the tv.

I'm not 100% sure though.

ToddJ

Second Unit
Unfortunately, that Panasonic DVD player is a little out of my price range...otherwise I would buy it.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'll give you a bump and hope somebody with that TV can help on which DVD player will work best with that TV. I know there are some cheaper than the rp91, I just don't know which ones.
Also, you may want to go here and ask:
http://www.panny.tv/

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If that Panasonic 16x9 TV does in fact lock into FULL mode with a progressive video signal, you will definitely want a player with aspect ratio control. If the RP-91 is out of your price range, I believe that JVC makes a player with this feature for around $230. I'm not sure of the model number, but I'm sure another member who owns a JVC can provide that info.

tony randall

Stunt Coordinator
Did you check the post from March 28th related to two of the 3 in your title? I believe the 3rd one you ask about is discussed there too.

The post it titled 'SD3750 vs SD4700 vs RP56'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks