What's new

Best Progressive Scan DVD Player under $400 (1 Viewer)

Larry C

Stunt Coordinator
Well I will be getting a HDTV very soon and would like some opinions on what you all think is the best bang for buck!!! I heard the Toshiba SD5700 is a real nice player. Any other suggestions???

Thanks!!!

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
The Panasonic RP-82 is around $200 and an excellent buy. Do a search here for it.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
well just to promote the HT bug maybe you should think about paying a bit more for the pioneer 45a people have gotten it for 425, and aside fromt he chroma bug (all depends on how much that bothers you) it is suppose dot be a great player, its a universal one as well.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I have the 5700 and it is a pretty nice DVD player for the price. Granted I haven't tested the HDCD/DVD-Audio capabilities of the 5700 as of yet but from what I've read elsewhere, it could be better. IIRC the 5700 is last year's model, so I can't compare it to the 4800 which I would presume would be a step above last year's 4700. I probably would have gotten the 4700 if it weren't for the fact that I got a really decent deal on the 5700, and that the silver-colored finish more closely matches my Wega than the black 4700...

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bryan, Toshiba no longer offers the '4700 in its product range. The '4800 is Toshiba's only current budget DVD-Audio player.

The widely accepted usage of the term 'universal player' applies to DVD-Video players that also play DVD-Audio discs and SACDs (CD playback is a given).

Jeff Ery

Stunt Coordinator
Yamaha has a great unit that I picked up about a week ago for @400 , the dvdc920: dvda and a dcdi chipset

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks