What's new

Best Prog-Scan DVD Player - any opinions?? (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What about the Panasonic CP72, how does that stack up? Also, is there a more up-to-date Progressive shootout comparing the different models. The link on Home Theater Hi Fidelity has the older players from a few months ago.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Neil,
You resurrected a year-old thread for this. Not sure if you realized that.
Anyway, I believe the Secrets' shootout was last updated a month or so ago, and the Panny CP72 was already included. I heard that they expect one more update in the near future before waiting until the fall. Hopefully, they will be including the Philips 963sa among others.
Try these 2 links for their entire shootout coverage:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...ut-1-2003.html
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-b...h&articles=all
_Man_

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any clue if there are (or will be) reviews of the Samsung HD931? Stats don't look too bad, but I can find anyone with any insider info. Any ideas?.............Wil

DanielSAY

Auditioning
Does anyone know when the RP-82's replacement is going to be released? I've heard March/April in the past, is it still on track? Anyone know? Thanks

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Jenna, I would highly recommend the RP-91. If you are still interested in purchasing one, Digitalmegastore.com has them for $390 (that includes shipping). It should only take about 3 or 4 days to receive it. Good luck with your search.

Tom T

Auditioning
Yikes! How do I unsubscribe to this thread I started over a year ago???

I've already bought my DVD player, quite some time ago!

Thanks......

Tim Adams

Grip
Philips 962SA is last years model. The new 963SA can be bought for $429 including shipping from av-outlet.com.

I bought mine from them off of Ebay, and with the exception of the SACD bass management problem I'm having I love it. No Chroma Bug and improved video processing over last years 962SA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks