What's new

Best Printer for Cheap Cartridges (1 Viewer)

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gang;

Here's the deal.....As we know printer ink cartridges are muey expensive. The problem with cheap cart's is that they don't work as good as the expensive cart's.....sooo is there a good printer that works well with cheap online cartridge's????

I'm using an Epson C84,an I can't get rid of the crappy lines unless I run the head cleaning process....which causes the ink supplies to drain very quickly (possibly intended to do so by printer maker's).

Sorry for the low budget approach,but can't afford the pricey ink cartridges.

Regards
CC Rider

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Then I would suggest that you reframe from printing in color and buy yourself a low end laser printer.

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Need the color-thanks.

Any other ideas of a Printer that works good with Low Budget Ink?

CC

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I've had great success having my Epson's cart's refilled instead of buying the cheap no name's. I can usually get 3-4 refills out of one cart before having to buy a new one.

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
Try carrotink.com they are not extremely cheap but rival or beat Epsons OEM ink quality if you buy the carrot bunch packs they save a little money.

And I got rid of my Epson C80 because of the constant nozzle cleaning. My newer Epson photo 925 doesnt seem to have this problem, it only requires cleaning if it sits unused for several weeks.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
First step, get rid of the crappy Epson printer. I've owned 2 different Epson inkjet printers and they both had to have the nozzles cleaned constantly whether I used OEM ink or cheap replacements. Canon and HP are both better. I'd go with Canon for the cheaper ink.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Look at the color printers that use individual ink cart's. My printer (as most do) has the Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow in the same cartridge and if you use all of one color up before the rest, you have to replace the whole thing. I tend to notice that I use a lot more cyan than other colors, so I end up replacing the cartridge while still having a lot of yellow and magenta left.

Also, always print stuff out in "Draft" (or Low quality) mode. Most printers will have an option for saving ink, so look into this as well.

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the responses.

Might try a Canon when my (cheap)supply of ink for the Epson runs out.

My previous Epson worked ok with cheap ink (but the Ex got it :frowning:

Guess it's another case of newer product's not working as well as earlier model's.

Regards
CC

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The Canon printers have the separate ink cart's.

I'm not sure what you consider "cheap ink", but my parents have a MultiPass F60 and each ink is like $12/each.
http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Match...=MultiPASS+F60
which is about $48 for all 4 colors as opposed to my HP which runs $30 for black and $35 for one of the tri-color cart's.

Like I said before, if I use all the (for example) Cyan up, I have to replace it with another $35 cart., whereas (with the Canon), you only need to relace the $12 Cyan.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Canon :emoji_thumbsup:
I have the i850. Because the color cartridges are all separate, they're also larger than the all-in-one cartridges so they last longer. I've had my i850 since April 2003 and have only replaced carts twice.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
my HP deskjet 3650 seems pretty good on ink, I have had it for about 4 months or so and do a reasonable amount of printing mostly in color.the ink doesnt seem to get used up too fast.
its a lower end hp printer but it prints really nice, I think it cost around 70 bucks.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I went from an on BJC250(Canon) to an Epson photo series printer, to a really shitty Lexmark, and now the Canon. So far it's the only one that has printed fine after not using it for a few weeks, all the others would gum up quickly and would need to be cleaned everytime.

I have a Canon now, and a few years ago I swore off them, figure that out.

Oh, I use the basic Canon, an i350.

B

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Couldn't stand the crappy copy's lately-so I went out and bought an HP Deskjet 5740 today.
Have to give it time to see if it gunks up.
First printer I owned was an awful HP-hopefully this will be better.

I liked the looks/ergonomics better than the Canon's (probabley a mistake on my part) we'll see.

Looked for cheep cart's online,and it appears for now the HP is too new.

Thanks again
CC

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
You're probably right Kevin....Guess i'll just have to find out the hard way....as always :)

CC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks