Best Prices on Direct TV PVRs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly N, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Kelly N

Kelly N Agent

I'm doing some research for a friend of mine. He's got Direct TV and he's interested in a hard disc recorder. I thought they could be had for a few hundred dollars but everything I can find is $500-$600. Does anyone know of any place I can find a bettter deal?

2. Reece

Reece Stunt Coordinator

If there is a Circuit City or Good Guys in your area I would look for their open box/demo sales on a directivo.

I picked up a couple of these from GG for around $200. I also purchased an extended warranty for $80 for an additional 2 years just in case. With the addition of a lifetime sub ($250) it could get expensive but Tivo gives the option of paying monthly ($12). I believe you can upgrade to the lifetime sub at a later date when you decide.

Good Luck!

3. John Coleman

John Coleman Guest

The inventories of DirecTivo's are dwindling due to the upcoming release of the Series 2 DirecTivo (Q3 2002, I believe). If you are not a new subscriber, the DirecTivo units are considerable more expensive than they were a few months ago (supply vs. demand at work, I guess). I hope this helps!

4. matt bee

matt bee Stunt Coordinator

CC has the RCA UltimateTV units for $99 minus a $49 rebate. I don't know if that is available at all stores, or if it is only for new customers, though.