1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Prices on Direct TV PVRs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly N, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Kelly N

Kelly N Agent

I'm doing some research for a friend of mine. He's got Direct TV and he's interested in a hard disc recorder. I thought they could be had for a few hundred dollars but everything I can find is $500-$600. Does anyone know of any place I can find a bettter deal?

2. Reece

Reece Stunt Coordinator

If there is a Circuit City or Good Guys in your area I would look for their open box/demo sales on a directivo.

I picked up a couple of these from GG for around $200. I also purchased an extended warranty for $80 for an additional 2 years just in case. With the addition of a lifetime sub ($250) it could get expensive but Tivo gives the option of paying monthly ($12). I believe you can upgrade to the lifetime sub at a later date when you decide.

Good Luck!

3. John Coleman

John Coleman Guest

The inventories of DirecTivo's are dwindling due to the upcoming release of the Series 2 DirecTivo (Q3 2002, I believe). If you are not a new subscriber, the DirecTivo units are considerable more expensive than they were a few months ago (supply vs. demand at work, I guess). I hope this helps!

4. matt bee

matt bee Stunt Coordinator

CC has the RCA UltimateTV units for $99 minus a $49 rebate. I don't know if that is available at all stores, or if it is only for new customers, though.