Best prices for Region 2,3,4 discs

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adrian Correia, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Adrian Correia

I know this has been asked before, but I just got a new region free player and want to expand into region 2,3,4 discs. Would someone please recommend a retailer (best prices and selection) to purchase DVDs from? Thank you!!

2. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

3. Mike Click

Mike Click Stunt Coordinator

www.ezedvd.com.au Located in Australia Region 4 DVD, cheaper than UK prices to USA.[​IMG]

4. Mike Click

www.ezydvd.com.au/ Region 4 expect the cases to be opend, but plastic peanuts will prevent scratches. [​IMG]

5. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

None of these sites really lists anything for R3 which is primarily what i'm looking for (because it's NTSC). Is there a site that does Korea, Hong Kong, Japan ETC?

6. Runar_R

Runar_R Second Unit

I've used DDDhouse a couple of times. No complaints

7. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    R2, use amazon.co.uk for big ticket items like box-sets. they will deduct the 17.5% VAT (i.e. sales tax) for non-EU residents, and for shipping a box set is treated as one single item, i.e. same charge as a single-disc keepcase.

in contrast, Blackstar.co.uk and Bensonworld.co.uk may have very slightly cheaper prices, but they don't deduct the VAT. shipping of single items is cheaper though, hence if buying a single-disc item either of these might be cheaper than amazon.co.uk inclusive of shipping (since your tax saving is less).

8. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

www.cd-wow.net is also good. You don't have a huge selection, but they have quite a few of R2,3, 4 and R1 discs too.

9. Simon Basso

Simon Basso Stunt Coordinator

I'll also cast a vote for ezydvd for R4 and dddhouse for R3. I have used the latter dozens of times with no problems whatsoever.

10. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

I've done most of my R2 ordering from www.cinestore.com but had a horrendous customer service experience with them, so I am now looking to find a substitute. Has anyone tried amazon.fr?

Ted

11. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

I've bought a few things from Amazon.fr as well as all Amazon sites except amazon.at. My experiences with Amazon have all been equal with the exception of very slow shipping with amazon.de.

12. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

I've done business with amazon.co.uk and amazon.fr, the shopping experience has been the same as it has been with amazon.com, which is to say good and reliable. The prices on both sites aren't that good though, and while a bargain price can be found on certain discs occasionally, I prefer other non-R2 sites like www.cd-wow.net and some mentioned here already for lower prices.

13. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

Amazon.co.uk DOES remove VAT when you checkout. I can't remember if amazon.fr and .de does this. A lot of sites don't do this. I'm starting to find Amazon.co.uk a better deal than Bensonsworld.co.uk.

14. Mike Click

Mark_Wilson I agree with you on Amazon.de
    talking about the slow to boat China, these guys must drag the bottom hauling it over to the USA. IMO .de packages range from slow, extra slow, and damn slow, it's usually the 3rd damn slow and package has been trampled on, their usual fair. [​IMG]

15. Tim Fleming

Tim Fleming Stunt Coordinator

Region 3 - use www.DVDShelf.com if ordering in lots of 5 DVDs as they use courier and are a bit cheaper than DDDHouse... although DDDHouse may be a better deal if ordering in smaller numbers.

Region 4 - www.EzyDVD.com.au are ok pricewise, but you might find www.AtlanticDVD.com.au to be cheaper (I am assuming that they do ship overseas)

For Region 2 UK (PAL) use either www.MrBensons.co.uk (BensonsWorld) or www.Amazon.co.uk

For Region 2 Japan (NTSC) use www.Amazon.co.jp (CDJapan are way overpriced and Amazon are the only ones that offer any kind of discount... albeit small)

regards, Tim...

16. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Hey Tim,

I went to Amazon jp, and my computer says it needs to download Japanese Text support... I try and then the computer says it can't (Probably AOL...) and says to try usind windows tools internet updates... I've tried and searched through Microsoft's main site and it says it has it for OfficeXP users which I don't have...
    Any ideas???

Thanx! D

17. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

18. Tim Fleming

Tim Fleming Stunt Coordinator

19. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer