Best prices for Denon 2900? Anyone work for Tweeter or GoodGuys? :)

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Adam_Reiter, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

What have you guys paid for your Denon 2900? Where did you get it? I am almost wonering if its worth buying it at an authorized dealer. 1 year Warranty? Big Whoop!

I almost thinking I should save $200 and buy it new off of eBay.

I need to find a "buddy" that works for, or has a friend, or uncle, or cousin, who works for Tweeter or Good Guys.

Man, I used to have a buddy that worked for Soundtrack in CO. He could get stuff for cost. It was like 50% less than what they put it out for.

The one thing about relocating to another state is..... you lose all your good contacts and hookups.

2. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

I called 6TH AVE and they beat the lowest online (non-auction) price I could find by $20 ($825) and they are a Denon authorized etailer. Not so much the 1 year warranty that I like but it is the no hassles and repeat deals I get from then. Plus I know Denon is OK with them selling online. Works out well for me.

Previously I had purchased the Denon 3802 from them last year when they had an awesome deal on it.

They ship double boxed and very promptly. The manager is real nice as well - always get good customer service from them.

3. DeanR

DeanR Second Unit

Dean
    I got it for $853 from Tweeter in NH with 15 months no interest on their credit card. I bought it from Tweeter because they have a trade up program so if I decide to upgrade to the new top of the line Denon DVD player coming out in the fall I will get the full $853 applied to the new piece. It worth a little extra outly to have this option. It's a great piece. Highly recommended [​IMG] .

4. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

Dean, how did you get them to go down to $850? What did you show them to beat? An ad? Online quote? Far as I new, they would try and sell it for MSRP of $999

5. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Adam I bought it from Soundpros,they're based in SD. 9450-B Mira Mesa Blvd,the current price is $865.00 I paid $795.00 back in May. Maybe you can get the same price.
    http://www.soundpros.com/dvd.cfm
    877-894-6751

6. DeanR

DeanR Second Unit

Dean
    Adam, It was on sale for $899 and I just told them $853 and 15 months no interest(which was a promotion they were running at the time) and you have a deal. I just picked a number I was willing to pay and went for it and they bit.

7. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

Lowest I got Goodguys to go was $865.

But, Dakmart will soon be selling refurbs on eBay. He is authorized. I might see how much his sell for first.

Otherwise I might just say screw the warranty and but it for $785.

8. RickLe

RickLe Stunt Coordinator

www.soundpros.com has it listed for $819 and I believe if you give them a call they may go lower.