1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Best prices for DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, and the upcoming BABYLON 5: SEASON 2 ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Floto, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

What is the best price for The Day the Earth Stood Still?

Also, I had gotten Babylon 5: Season 1 from amazon.ca, which I believe was the best price at the time. What will be the best price/place to pick up Season 2 when it comes out next month? As far as I can tell, it's not as inexpensive as season 1 was from amazon.ca...

Thanks!!

2. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

Babylon 5 S2 - Amazon.ca is still the cheapest place. There is a $10(can) coupon out there for Amazon.ca that brings the price down to about $5(US) more than the last best deal (also with a coupon) at Amazon.ca. I have my order in for a total of $55(US) and that is with extra for expedited shipping.

RG

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

If anyone knows of the coupon for Amazon.ca, please share!

4. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

Pat:

the coupons for amazon.ca are (I am pretty sure they still work)

MAPSHAWCABLE (10 off 50)
    CANADASKY535 (5 off 35)

It should probably be noted that amazon.ca isn't as good a deal as it once was since they raised their shipping to the US. Got a few great deals on box sets in the last couple of months from there [​IMG]

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Thanks for the codes. The first one ($10 Cdn)basically paid for the shipping costs when I ordered the B5 season 2 set.

6. Nick Senger

Nick Senger Stunt Coordinator

Don't know if you have one in Long Beach, but I called the local Hastings for The Day the Earth Stood Still and they quoted me a price of $10.99, so I ordered it. I couldn't believe they weren't even going to stock this title. I'm hoping the phone quote is correct, even though the Hastings web site says $14.99.

7. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    Same here Patrick. Methinks that $55US delivered is a pretty good deal for this set.

8. Robert Floto

Thanks guys! I will try to use one of the coupons and order Babylon 5: Season 2 from amazon.ca.

Nick, thanks, but we don't have Hastings here. Long Beach is in Los Angeles County, and I don't even know of a Hastings on the West Coast. [​IMG]

Anyone else know of the best place to get The Day the Earth Stood Still?

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think I paid around $60 delivered for the B5 Season 1 set, so I'm happy with the price of the Season 2 set, even if I have to wait a bit longer for delivery (not that I'm in any hurry since I have tons of stuff to watch).

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

FYI: Costco is selling "The Day The Earth Stood Still" for $9.99. I just bought mine there.

11. Robert Floto

Thanks, Patrick. I'm afraid I don't have a Costco membership. I wonder if Sam's Club has the same deal...?

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Find someone who does have a Costco membership! [​IMG]

13. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    Deep Discount DVD is selling The Day the Earth Stood Still for $14.64 shipped, which isn't a bad deal. It beats running all over town trying to find a DVD that seems to be MIA at a lot of B&M retailers.

14. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

15. Nick Senger

Nick Senger Stunt Coordinator

Patrick, thanks for the info on The Day the Earth Stood Still at Costco. That beats the price I got on the order from Hastings, plus it hasn't even come in yet. Now, you couldn't tell me if Costco had Bang the Drum slowly, could you? I haven't been able to find it anywhere yet, except to order. Thanks again.

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I didn't notice "Bang The Drum Slowly" at Costco yesterday.

17. Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow Stunt Coordinator

I remember seeing B5 Season 1 down to about $54 at bestbuy after it was released. I wonder if I should wait and try to get it again at that price. I'm not going to start watching them until I get all 5 seasons though. I'll go crazy and break out the VHS tapes and I know I don't want to do that since I sold off my lasers.

18. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

At Amazon.ca I selected the second shipping item, Expedited Shipping, and it was only $1 more than the cheapest. That's not too bad, and it cuts delivery time in half.