Best Price on Velodyne HGS Subs?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Eric_Gifford, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Eric_Gifford

Eric_Gifford Auditioning

I'm in the market for a new sub and have decided on a Velodyne HGS. I'm 99% sure I'm gonna get the HGS-15 but haven't totally ruled out the HGS-12. Anyways, I understand Velodyne's pricing policy but at the same time am aware that many people are getting great deals on these things (new w/ warranty). I understand the desire to keep this info private, so can someone please PM or email places I can get a good deal on an HGS? I live in Sacramento, CA, and would love to be able to purchase it locally, but I'm not completely opposed to traveling a bit for it (Bay Area) or mail order. Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
    Eric G.

2. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

Eric, you might want to keep an eye on OneCall's website. They get factory refurbed Velo's with the full manufacturer's warranty on occasion. I bought a SPL-1200 from them last year, and there was not *one* blemish on the thing, it was in absolutely perfect condition. List price was $1399, I paid $749 for it. OneCall is an authorized distributor for Velo. It might "pay" you to be patient and watch the site for a few weeks. [​IMG]

I actually wanted an SVS, but the size of the cylinder ended up being a major determining factor for my situation. No real regrets though, I am happy with the Velo.

Good luck!

Pete