What's new

Best Price on the Denon 3801? (1 Viewer)

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
I was interested in this receiver for a while now and have been checking the price of it at crazyeddie.com for the past few weeks. However when i went there today, they don't have it listed and i called in as well and they said they could no longer get it. The price was around $642. Does anyone know of any other online store i can check? any help is greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows where i can get a good deal on the 2801 as well. thankx.

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
Thats about a hundred dollars less than I've ever saw it so maybe thats why they took it down. I think I paid like close to $850 when I got mine but they have obviously dropped quite a bit, most likely in an attempt to clear before 3802 does the big ole smack down.
If you can find that price again, I would grab it.
Aaron

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Youssef; if you really want the 3801 you'd better start moving. While Denon hasn't said anything yet, there is every indication that they will soon (this month or August) replace it with the 3802.
The 3802 will supposedly add Pro Logic II, a few more watts, vaiable crossovers, a slightly better amp and a few other things.
Also remeber that Denon only wants you to buy from brick & mortar stores and do not warranty online sales. Do a search on this subject and you should find a few threads about it.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Be sure to research online purchase *policy* as dilligently as you pursue *price.*
------------------
SAM

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I just bought one about 2 1/2 weeks ago from sounddistributors in Las Vegas, but they dont have the 3801 listed on their site anymore. The 2801 and 1801 are there.
hmmm.....
here is their link if you are interested:
http://www.sounddistributors.com

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I just bought one about 2 1/2 weeks ago from sounddistributors in Las Vegas, but they dont have the 3801 listed on their site anymore. The 2801 and 1801 are there.
hmmm.....
Just another sign that the 3802 is on the way and that those that want the 3801 need to get moving.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Crazy Eddie is listing the 3802 for $899.95 already and I can't even get the specs out of the Denon page yet!

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
I'd be a little careful buying from crazyeddie.com. I've heard dings... I've heard dings.... Search the vendor/merchant feedback portion of this forum for more info, if there is any available.
Best of luck
icon14.gif

------------------
SAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks