Best price on Austin Powers 3pk today?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob-N, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Yeah, yeah, I know, the best deals are on release week but the wife told me yesterday that she loved Goldmember. I really liked The Spy who Shagged Me best, so I said, geez, might as well grab the 3pk.

So with the research I did, it looks like this trying to get it in by Christmas of course:

Amazon.ca - ~$36.40 total, using .65 CAN/US conversion, plus $10CAN coupon (CANADAREWARD) and 4-7 day international shipping.

DVDSoon - ~$36.70, using .65 conversion, and 7-10 day shipping.

Playcentric - ~$39 total, using $1 off plus free priority shipping code

I'm leaning towards Amazon.ca followed by Playcentric as I haven't dealt with DVDSoon before and have had good results from the other two. DVDpricesearch doesn't show a too high of vendor rating.

Can I do better?

TIA! Bob

2. Jean Paul Villeneuve

Jean Paul Villeneuve Second Unit

If you order these from Canada you'll get bilingual packaging + they're distributed by Alliance Atlantis up here, not New Line.

3. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman Second Unit

Are the Canadian products in this 3pk packaged in Snapper or Amaray keepcases?

4. Jean Paul Villeneuve

Jean Paul Villeneuve Second Unit

5. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

So it's only packaging, right? I saw the Alliance banner on one of the sites. The sites also show region 1 so I don't really care if the packaging is bilingual...or should I?

Thanks for the info.

Bob

6. RichardL

RichardL Auditioning

Incidentally I was just looking for the 3pk on amazon.ca and noted they have a set labeled as IMPORT. Does anyone know if this "import" 3pk means the US release in english only multi-color(?) keep cases as opposed to the CDN Alliance Atlantis bilingual release? The graphic seems to show it is the AA pack, but those pictures aren't always accurate it seems.
    $56 cdn is a pretty good deal for the US set if so as thats the one I want.

7. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Richard,

Lucky day for you (and me). I emailed customer service and they told me that it was the New Line distributed version vs. the Alliance version.

I also confirmed that DVDSoon's is from Alliance. I didn't bother with Playcentric as theirs is in the $40 range plus shipping.

Yes, with the $10CAN off, it's a steal in the low $30's US. I ordered it yesterday after confirmation.

Bob

8. RichardL

RichardL Auditioning

Thanks Bob, for this info. Heading over to amazon.ca to order. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ColinW

ColinW Agent

I ordered the 3 pack from amazon.ca and it is the multicolored cases US version.

I am a Canadian, and the price was decently cheap for the import version. If that is the one you're looking for, amazon.ca is the place with the best price that I have found.

Colin