Best price for Paradigm Atom/Titan in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Serge Breton, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Serge Breton

Serge Breton Supporting Actor

The dealer i went to was ok but since i need 2 pairs of surround speakers, i was told to come in for a better price. I know the markup on these speakers (about 100%)and this dealer is unwilling to budge at the $260/pair price for the Titans and $210 for the Atoms. Retail is $289 and $240 Canadian respectively. Surely i can save more than $20/pair if i'm buying 2 pairs! Or at least they could throw in some good speakers brackets for wall mounting or save me the 15% tax. That would be nice!

Need the best price (preferably Ontario)for these speakers and which dealers offer this price so i can in turn contact them. Send me an email or private message if anyone prefers to be discreet. Thanks

2. Serge Breton

anybody???

3. Wayne Cook

Wayne Cook Extra

I was quoted $199/pr for the Atoms at Fairview HiFi they're in Burlington, I would think multiple purchases might get more of a discount. Give them a call.

4. Serge Breton

thanks for the reply. I will contact them. Any other dealers that have good prices?

5. JeffreyH

JeffreyH Stunt Coordinator

The Powerstation in London, Ontario has the Titans for $236/pr. I'm not sure abou the atoms.
    www.powerstation.on.ca
    I think that price is just for the holidays though, depending on the salesman you might get a different quote.
    That price was listed in their flyer.

6. Serge Breton

thanks, anyone else?

7. MartyJurak

MartyJurak Auditioning

Serge,
    I have a pair of Titans that are in perfect condition that I don't need anymore. They are 2 years old and I have a pair of mounting brackets as well. I live in Burlington. Contact me if you are interested. [email protected]
    Peace.

8. Randy Prue

Randy Prue Stunt Coordinator

Michel Sabourin at Stereo Plus in Hawkesbury offered reasonable prices for the Studio and Monitor speakers. If the speakers are shipped to Quebec, you will pay one less tax.

9. Serge Breton

save some tax! Yeah, I like that concept being that we live in this country. The government takes HALF as it is. Do you have a link to Stereo Plus?

10. Randy Prue

Randy Prue Stunt Coordinator

Serge:

I don't know if they have a web site or not. Call Mike and ask him. He's bilingual (tongue goes both ways). 613-632-3765. Being in Ontario, they will open on January 2, not like the stores in Quebec, all closed until the 3rd.

By the way, I picked up two Athena fronts today (Audition Series, AS-F2) from Future Shop for $800./pair. When they rang them up, they're on sale for $650./pair. They sound better than speakers between $800./$1,200. (to my ears).

Athena also has a set of bookshelf speakers (Point 5) that include all 6 (5 + sub) for $1,000. they sound better than much larger and much more expensive speakers. Dunno if they are also "reduced".

I'm very particular about the speakers, and will spend more on them than on any other audio component, and more than the TV. Of course, as the sound gets bigger and better, the picture seems to get smaller (or need to get bigger... same thing, I suppose). I wanna bigger picture!