Best price for Denon 2900?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by ReggieW, Sep 11, 2003.

1. ReggieW

ReggieW Screenwriter

....The thread title says it all. I know e-cost had some refurbs for around $560.00, but they are no longer listed on its site. I am willing to get a 2900 brand new as long as it isn't over $800.00 shipped. I just sold my DVD-1600, so I am desperately looking to buy by the end of next week. Multi-channel SACD here I come!

Thanks,

Reggie

2. Rich X

Rich X Stunt Coordinator

I bought one new in the box off of e-bay for around $775 incl. shipping. This was a few months ago. At the time, there were a few merchants selling new ones there.

You sort of take a chance when you do that (returns, problems etc.) but it worked out well for me.

3. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Reggie,

I to am considering this player and just started looking. There are some B-Stock 2900's on Ebay for $749.00 Perhaps someone can chime in and provide some feedback if they have gone this route.

I am always concerned about B-Stock stuff, but this could be a viable option.

Charles

4. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

Just be aware that if you don't buy it from one of Denon's authorized online resellers (see here), you won't get warranty coverage. There is one authorized Ebay reseller for the B-stock items.

5. John Robert

John Robert Stunt Coordinator

They are showing 2900s on ecost for $507.00

6. Kimo Bonnelycke

Kimo Bonnelycke Stunt Coordinator

I would call ecost.com for an ETA on refurb units, then preorder it. (mine shipped on Friday) If they won't be getting any more, then you can spend like 710 or something at dakmart.com (they are also authorized dealer)...

Kimo B.

7. Mike_Pal

Mike_Pal Agent

[​IMG] Bought a refurb Denon DVD3800 at eCost,and it was the deal of the year in my opinion. Whatever you do, buy from an AUTHORIZED Denon reseller....don't take a chance any other way......The 3800 is THE KILLER DEAL in my book....an incredible player, at an incredible price.......only plays DVD-Audio though........the future of high end playback (DVD-Audio, SACD,...etc. is all up in the air right now anyway....even DVDs might be obsolete soon)....get the 3800 for now.....best player at the price right now.....
    just my two and a half cents.......[​IMG]