What's new

Best player for video AND audio? (1 Viewer)

Victor Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone,

The Panasonic RP82 and CP72 multidisc have garnered a lot of accolades for their video quality, especially when taking account the price at which they can be obtained.

What troubles me is that most professional reviewers who have looked at the RP82 unit have been decidedly lukewarm in their praise for the player's audio capabilities.

I'm in the market for a DVD player which will also double as a CD player in my HT setup. As such, I want great video, but is not really willing to compromise audio quality in order to get it. Any suggestions for a player in the sub$1000 range that excels in both?

Should I wait until the new line of players from Yamaha, Panasonic, etc. which made their appearance at CES arrive at the stores?

Thanks,
Victor

Simon Barnard

Auditioning
I'd look at Denon and Marantz players, perhaps wait for the forthcoming Rotel RDV-1060 DVD/DVD-A player. Also look at Arcam if your budget can stretch that far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks