Best place to shop for HDTVs online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex Spindler, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Someone recently asked my advice on buying a television, and it occured to me that I'm not totally in tune with the HDTV climate since I bought mine a year ago. Where are the best prices these days online? Are there any good national B&Ms for television purchases?

Thanks

2. Mike Friedrich

Mike Friedrich Stunt Coordinator

Alex I've heard nothing but good things about Crazy Eddie , and OneCall they have some of the best prices on HDTV's including the Pioneer Elite's, they're also a Cnet[crazyeddie] certified merchant.
    You also might want to head over to our HDTV forum or try the hometheaterspot forum to get more HDTV distributor feedback. Anyways good hunting, let us know what you find.
    bodymov'n [​IMG]

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Great. Thanks for the tips!

4. Kevin Cagle

Kevin Cagle Agent

If you are interested in the samsung directview HDTV's then a seller on Ebay called samsunggirl should be able to get you a VERY good deal. she sells the model above the one i bought for $1000. I paid $1350 for 3293 and she sells the 3294 for $1000(has PIP and better speakers). Just look her up on eBay.

I also heard that BJ's wholesale (like a Sam's club or Costco) sells the 3295 for $1000 and that is really a steal.

5. Amit Patel

Amit Patel Agent

Be careful about 'Crazy Eddie'. The do not behave like a professional and once you put your order, they will not deliver on promised time, and yes try to cancel your order! You have to bag them just to cancel your order because ‘Crazy Eddie’ already charged your credit card the time you place your order with them. Good luck with them. This is my personnel experience with them. May be other folks in the forum providing info with their experiences with Crazy Eddie.

6. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

Note... YMMV...

I got my TV from OneCall and was very happy. The delivery was quick. Within a week. I've heard different stories on the delivery. I may have got lucky. The guy that delivered mine helped me get it into the house, I hear that's not always the case. And sometimes they just leave it with you in the driveway. They are teamsters and may want to just what is required.

Shipping was something like $200 (expensive). But it was still cheaper than buying locally.

One other choice you may think about... Costco. They have some good Toshiba's for cheap. The advantage of being able to return it if there is a problem is something I did not even think about. Lucky for me my tv tw56x81 was in great shape.

If you (they) go to onecall I always delt with Tom, you can tell him I, sent ya (you can get my full name from my email addr, don't want to feel like I'm trying to scam you). Onecall will also kick you a small amount of $if you send others there. That's why I'd like you to drop my name. =) I've sent several friends there, all happy.

Another idea is to ask onecall if they have any "scratched" items and ask for the price. Then ask if you can get the same price on a unopened unit. That's what happened for me, on the advice of another HTF member. (whoever that was got my referral!)

7. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Great! Thanks again.