What's new

Best place to look at reviews before buying HTIB (1 Viewer)

brashbostonian

Auditioning
Real Name
Richie
Hello,

I've been looking at HTIB systems for my samsung un46b7000 television. I have a PS3 as well that I will be looking to hook up for blu ray. I'm looking to spend $300-500 ( if its worth it). Consumer reports offers a very limited amount of recommendations. The highest rated in my price range is the ONKYO HTS 5200, rated way above the rest. I don't know anything about cables or what I would need with it, I would prefer to just plug in an HDMI cable. CNET offers up more ratings but it seems like there is too much too choose from. I guess my main question is where should I be looking to make an informed decision and where can I learn more about the possible limitations and warnings before buying it.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
If you want the HD audio from blu ray movies, over your ps3, you'll need to step up to Onkyo's next level HTIB, the HTS 6200. http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S6200-7-1-Channel-Entertainment-Receiver/dp/B002C73WS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264456180&sr=1-1
Onkyo gives a lot of bang for the buck. They are one of the few that gives you a real receiver, therefore it's more upgradable than most. Upgrade-itis gets to everyone sooner or later. Usually sooner.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks