What's new

Best place to get French / Dutch / European DVD's (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Where is the best place to get French / Dutch / German / European DVD's from? Is there a English translated site? Thanks!

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Sites with English interfaces and overseas shipping:

www.dvdzone2.com (mostly Dutch/Belgian/French dvd's)
www.freerecordshop.com (only Dutch dvd's)
www.proxis.be (Belgian site/click on En in the top left corner)

For French and German dvd's you van also check www.amazon.fr and www.amazon.de. No English interfaces, but with familiar layouts. You can also use a site like www.worldlingo.com for translation.....

Note that the European Union taxes dvd's with a VAT (Value Added Tax) of 19%. That tax is already included in the prices of the mentioned sites, but when you ship to non-European Union territory, you don't have to pay the tax. I know that www.freerecordshop does subtract the 19% VAT in such cases, and I've heard that at www.dvdzone2.com also does this. Some other sites may try to charge you the tax anyway, so beware. :)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I've order using Amazon.fr following the Amazon.co.uk format. I hope I've done it right - but the price for 1 title plus shipping came to over 30 Euros! Is this right?

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
It very well could be, but of course it all depends on the title, the shipping method (standard/expedited) and where you ship it to.... :)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Martin,

Keep in mind that if you order just one title from Amazon you get killed on international shipping -- it is much better to order several DVDs at once -- the shipping/per DVD cost is much lower.

Ted

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
If anyone uses Mozilla beware of the FreeRecordShop site. It & Mozilla appear not to mix well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks