Best place to buy VCR's online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Mar 29, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Just went to the Wiz, had a limited selection and I didn't care for what I Saw. Went to K-Mart, that was a joke, only one of each brand, some I've never heard of. Radio Shack only had ONE VCR on display.

So, I was thinking about trying to buy it online, since I'm running out of store options to try.. Can anyone recomend a good place that has the latest model brands?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Neil, check www.crutchfield.com . Crutchfield has a good selection of VCRs. They don't necessarily have the best prices, however. If you find any models there that interest you, call J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180) and OneCall (1-800-340-4770), as they may have them for less. J&R and OneCall are often cheaper than Crutchfield, though VCRs are generally cheap everywhere these days. All three dealers are authorized.

3. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

I had a good experience recently with Vanns.com and their prices are decent and even better if you sign up for their free e-newsletter.

Debporah

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I just got a JVC 7800 S-VHS from Crutchfield for $199 on clearance. Great VCR and a great price. You should check them out.

Greg

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Thanks guys, I'll check 'em out.

My 5 year old Panasonic suddenly started eating all my tapes. So, rather than risk another disposable one, I just decided to through it out and use the mono one downstairs for now. I was thinking of getting it repaired, but VCR's are so cheap right now(Some as low as $50), it was just plain easier to get a newer one, not to mention quicker.

We're going to try our last resort, Curcuit City, Tommorow. If they don't have any, we'll give the online sites a try. I'm checking them out now. Hopefully this is the last VCR I'll have to buy, seeing as how my next purchase will be a DVD R...

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Before you go to CC I would do a search on the internet for prices then print it out & then go to Sears & get them to price match it. They will match the price but it must also include the S&H charges. Try www.pricescan.com for dealers & prices. You may have to fight with Sears though to get the price you want.

7. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Well, we finally decided to go to Best Buy the other day and got lucky. An $80 Panasonic Hi Fi-Stereo; model #PV V4611. Home Theater Ready too boot.
    Hopefully this'll last me till I can save up for a DVD Recorder [​IMG]

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Neil, I hope the Panasonic VCR works out for you. I had a Panasonic VCR once that lasted me about seven years. Hopefully yours will last a many years too. I'd certainly buy a VCR for $80 before paying $800+ for a DVD recorder. That's just me. I do very little time-shift recording, so a VCR is good enough for me. [​IMG]

9. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Sounds like a nice vcr & a good price. I'll second Keith I'm also just waiting for DVD Receoders to drop in price & figure out the different formats. Good Luck with your new Panasonic & I hope it lasts for you [​IMG]

10. Brian Shoop

Brian Shoop Auditioning

Thought I'd let you guys know that I just picked up a sony SLV-N71 on clearance at a best buy in Indianapolis for 93 bucks last week. It's being replaced by the SLV-N77 which looks cheesy compaired to the old N71.

Brian