What's new

Best place to buy Elite DV59-AVi (1 Viewer)

Blkout

Agent
Looking for one of these units, anyone know where I can get one for the best price from a reputable online dealer?

Thanks!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
There are reputable online elite dealers, but there are no authorized online elite dealers. If you buy online and need warranty work done Pioneer is very likely to refuse it. I don't think this is right or even legal, but unfortunately it's the way it works. May want to keep this in mind when ordering.

Blkout

Agent
Certainly thought about that, but in my opinion if you buy a piece of high end equipment you shouldn't need to use the warranty. If you do, then it wasn't worth buying to start with. But that being said, if I could save a few hundred bills over buying it locally through an authorized retailer, I'd still take my chances with an online retailer.

Bobpaul

Agent
Here's what i did.

Went online www.pioneerlectronics.com and searched my zip code. No dealers it said. Then found the zip code for the nearest megalopolis (Akron) and printed the dealer list. Called them all up, teased and baited until the best deal came through.

Do not make the mistake of purchasing from a variety of Brooklyn, NY shops that are all knockoffs of the same gray market importer. They give you a Mack warranty and if you run in trouble tough luck baby. Both these guys and Mack treat you like dirt. Oh MasterCard doubles the 2 year warranty to 4.

Paid $1100.

Hope this helps.

By the way i am blown away, like totally, by this machine. Gone are the separate MP3, DVD, and SACD players. I have it hooked via HDMI-DVI to my XBR910. Wow i am sold on Elite DVD players. Also the new Denons (huge Denon fan here) will be made in China and QC will be a big question mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks