What's new

Best place to buy DVDs online... (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Looking for recommendations. Price and service are both important. Thanks.
-Andre F

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
You may want to try the retailer feedback thread.

I buy online exclusively from DVDEmpire. Their prices are fair, and their service is impeccable.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
DeepDiscountDVD also offers price-matching on US-based e-tailers. Others may offer this as well, my experience is only with DDD.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I buy from three places:

DeepDiscountDVD - good prices for the most part. They have some especially good deals on box sets. If you want any A&E product it's usually about 45% off.

DVD Empire - again, good prices. Especially good pre-order deals (35% off) on most Columbia & Fox product. The big draw here is their Pre-Order Manager, which is absolutely the best Web ordering system I've ever seen.

DVD Planet - ALL pre-orders are 30% off. This will in many cases beat DeepDiscount and DVD Empire. 35% off on ALL Criterions - the best deal out there on that label. Also, DVD Planet is one of the few DVD etailers left that still supports EBates, with a 5% rebate, which gives you an effective 35% discount on all pre-orders.

All three vendors above have given me nothing but exemplary service.

SusanO

Agent
Another price searching engine: www.bargainflix.com (I like their layout better even if they don't compare as many companies as they take into account shipping costs)
Online I buy from Deep Discount and half.com. Occasionally I bid in an auction or two (I'm too cheap to win often though). Most of my best deals come from the brick & mortar stores of Houston and of course work (I work for a small indie retailer and get perks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks