What's new

Best place to buy computer parts? (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I'm about to upgrade my computer. I used to use TCComputers, but they recently became an Insight company and their website pretty much blows now. Is there a good website out there where I can order motnerboards, cpu's, OEM cards, hard drives, etc.?

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
newegg.com seemed real popular among the do it yourself crowd. I have not done any business with them myself, but people seemed real happy with them.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
For some older, yet cheap stuff, check out compgeeks.com

It doesnt have EVERYTHING, but you might find some good deals here or there once in awhile

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
pricegrabber does do a "bottomline" price, which means the price includes any applicable S&H and tax.

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
I have nothing but good things to say about newegg... they bubble wrap and double box pretty much everything within reason... all my stuff comes on time and in good shape. My friends do business with them more often than me, and it's all good things from them...

Tim Kilbride

Stunt Coordinator
I've had really good luck with TigerDirect.com. Fast response and good prices. If you hunt and peck in the clearance/refurbished areas, you can get some great deals on things...

TimK

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Thanks for all the helpful links guys. Much appreciated.

I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time in a few years. My trusty overclocked P3 is getting a little long in the tooth. I'm going to give the new Athlon XP's a try. I'm hoping I can find a nice Athlon motherboard with AGP 8X, USB 2.0, and a few other new features so I won't have to upgrade again for a while. I usually rebuild my computer every two to three years so I like to future-proof as much as I can.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I just checked out the specs for the new Soyo KT-400. Yikes! That board has about everything. I'm almost scared to see what the price is on that monster.

Update: Just found the Soyo Dragon KT-400 Platinum for $185 including shipping at Newegg.com. Looks like I've found my motherboard!

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
newegg.com and googlegear.com are getting a lot of attention among computer enthusiasts, a few years ago when I was building my current computer, mwave.com was the rave...it should still be pretty good now, but I remember their website kinda sucks back in the day :)

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
>>Pricewatch.com will do the same thing, but some of the companies will LIE about their shipping charges, hoping you'll be almost through with the checkout process when you find it and say "oh, well".>After true shipping charges are calculated, you'll do best overall at newegg.com...

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Yeah once in a while Dell has some insane deals what with coupons and all, and their free shipping on most items. If they don't have the lowest price, though, I usually go straight to Newegg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks