best place to buy bulk Dual Layer DVDR?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by JeremySt, May 12, 2005.

1. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    I just got a Dual Layer DVD burner for my PC, and I thought Dual Layer blanks were readily available. What I thought was Dual layer banks turned out to be dual sided single layered blanks.

Are Dual Layered blanks still rare and spendy?

2. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

I don't know what it's like in the US, but over here in the UK I haven't been able to find dual layer blanks for less than about £4.50 [​IMG]

3. ScottHH

ScottHH Stunt Coordinator

Dual layer blanks are easy enough to find, but they are pricey. They are about $4 each if you buy 25.

Ritek RiData Dual Layer DVD+R (DL DVD+R, Double Layer DVD+R) Blank Media 2.4X 8.5GB in Cake Box (DRD+85-RDUSA-CB25), 25 Pack are available at both Meritline and Newegg

Since 100 RIDATA 4.7GB 4X DVD+RW cost less than 35 cents each, it's hard to justify buying dual layer blanks.

4. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy

Unless youre making copies of dual layered discs, which is what I want to do. Oh well, the prices will drop soon enough.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Guys, sourcing the DL-DVD blank media are fine, but this is not the right forum for discussing bootlegging commerical DL-DVDs.

6. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Youre right Patrick... and so far, we have not discussed bottlegging commercial DVDs. [​IMG]

7. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

Yeah, I saw these at CompUSA yesterday. They had 3-pack of Verbatims for $19, which is actually pretty cheap and a 25 spindle of Memorex for $100. Out of curiosity I bought a pack of Verbatim and they worked great, but I'll definitely wait for the price to drop substantially before I do that again. As mentioned before, it's just not worth it when you can get the single-layers for dirt cheap.

8. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

Any experience in terms of quality -- J&R has a choice of Memorex & Verbatim (Memorex is cheaper).

Ted