What's new

best place to buy bulk Dual Layer DVDR? (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I just got a Dual Layer DVD burner for my PC, and I thought Dual Layer blanks were readily available. What I thought was Dual layer banks turned out to be dual sided single layered blanks.

Are Dual Layered blanks still rare and spendy?

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
I don't know what it's like in the US, but over here in the UK I haven't been able to find dual layer blanks for less than about £4.50 :frowning:

ScottHH

Stunt Coordinator
Dual layer blanks are easy enough to find, but they are pricey. They are about $4 each if you buy 25.

Ritek RiData Dual Layer DVD+R (DL DVD+R, Double Layer DVD+R) Blank Media 2.4X 8.5GB in Cake Box (DRD+85-RDUSA-CB25), 25 Pack are available at both Meritline and Newegg

Since 100 RIDATA 4.7GB 4X DVD+RW cost less than 35 cents each, it's hard to justify buying dual layer blanks.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

Unless youre making copies of dual layered discs, which is what I want to do. Oh well, the prices will drop soon enough.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Guys, sourcing the DL-DVD blank media are fine, but this is not the right forum for discussing bootlegging commerical DL-DVDs.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Youre right Patrick... and so far, we have not discussed bottlegging commercial DVDs. :)

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I saw these at CompUSA yesterday. They had 3-pack of Verbatims for $19, which is actually pretty cheap and a 25 spindle of Memorex for $100. Out of curiosity I bought a pack of Verbatim and they worked great, but I'll definitely wait for the price to drop substantially before I do that again. As mentioned before, it's just not worth it when you can get the single-layers for dirt cheap.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Any experience in terms of quality -- J&R has a choice of Memorex & Verbatim (Memorex is cheaper).

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks