Best place to buy a HDTV with financing?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Modena, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Modena

Modena Stunt Coordinator

I am planning on buying a 36" or 34" Wega television with matching stand. I need to finance the purchase. I can find good deals online, but without financing. I can also get good interest free financing for a year, but at a not so great price. Anyone know of where I can get both, or maybe a place that will price match the web? Thanks for any help.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Sears is the most aggressive in matching online deals, but you have to provide them with the proof/documentation on the deals, and work something out with them. They usually also offer financing deals to go along with the purchases.

3. CraigEG

CraigEG Agent

bb wont match online prices, but the financiang is 18 months right now

4. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    It seems Sears as a whole no longer match online prices although one might find certain specific Sears stores that are still willing. I tried w/ a local Sears against OneCall.com, and they wouldn't do it even though OneCall is a fairly reputable authorized dealer.

For a tube TV, I'd suggest just getting it from OneCall and see what current deal you can get, including no-interest financing. Try calling them to see if they will quote you a lower price than their site. They are often quite willing to do that.

Even if OneCall can't offer long no-interest financing periods, the savings is probably enough to pay for the cost of getting additional no-interest financing from a credit card. These days it seems pretty easy to get 1-year no-interest from a new credit card.

_Man_

5. Modena

Modena Stunt Coordinator

ok, i'll look into that. by the way, i ordered the HDTV box from Comcast, I'll let you know how the clarity is running component and upconverting it.